If your medela
breast pump is not working, there are a few things that you can
try at home first:
- Is it there?
- What condition is it in? Has it become distorted or torn?
- Are there any cracks in the valve head?
- Is the membrane clean etc?
- Often problems can be resolved by putting on a new
Another thing is to check the breastshield and make sure it is
not damaged or cracked.
If you have been using batteries make sure they are not
rechargeable ones as this can mean reduced suction if the batteries
have become weak.
Simple things such as making sure everything is clean and
assembled correctly, making sure things are screwed in properly and
tubing is pushed in properly.
Motor and Power Adaptor:
- if the pump will not switch on at all then one way to check if
the adaptor is faulty is to try the pump with batteries.
- If you have got milk down the tubing, which has then
entered the Swing Breast Pump
motor there are instructions in the booklet that comes with
the pump as to how to flush the motor out.
If you are still in doubt, either contact Breastmates or
Medela Customer Service directly on 0800 503 553 (NZ).