Electric Breast Pump - Trouble
A few things to check if your Electric pump is not working
correctly. All pumps are covered by a one year warranty, but
you must have proof of purchase.
Lack of suction
- Check that all the pump components have been assembled
correctly. Ensure valve is the right way up and control handle is
firmly in place.
- Ensure that the silicone diaphragm and let-down massage cushion
are fitted securely to the pump body and a perfect seal is
No milk being expressed
- Ensure the pump is correctly assembled and that suction is
- Relax and try again, as expression may improveafter
- Refer to "Hints to help you succeed" section page 12
Instruction Booklet that came with your breast pump
Pain when expressing
- You may be squeezing too hard.
- You do not need to use all the suction the pump can
- Try squeezing the handle more gently and remember the 2-3
second pumping rhythm.
- Consult your health professional / breastfeeding adviser.
Milk is drawn up let-down massage cushion
- Remove and re-fit the let-down massage cushion to ensure it is
firmly attached and pushed far enough down the centre of
- Try leaning slightly forward.
Pump not responding
- Ensure pump is correctly assembled and switched on with the
power indicator illuminated 'GREEN'.
- Make sure the lead between the electrical wall socket or
battery pack and the pump is correctly connected.
- Hold the blue button down for 3 seconds to activate the
Pump light flashing
- 3 flashes, delay, 3 flashes etc - if the pump stops working and
the power light is flashing 'RED' the pump has detected a vacuum
- Disconnect the power and check the control handle and diaphragm
for obstructions or damage.
- Pulsing flash - low battery warning. Replace batteries.